Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Catholic God

The 3 Catholic definitions of God each apply to me. Here's why:

The Catholic encyclopedia says, "God can variously be defined as:

-the proper name of the one Supreme and Infinite Personal Being, the Creator and Ruler of the universe, to whom man owes obedience and worship;

-the common or generic name of the several supposed beings to whom, in polytheistic religions, Divine attributes are ascribed and Divine worship rendered;

-the name sometimes applied to an idol as the image or dwelling-place of a god."

Okay, here goes:
Def. 1
the proper name
-A rose is a rose by any other name. If I'm God, it's just as easily my proper name. I could even legally change my name to it, which I have no plans to do, however. (Question: is God just a word?)

one supreme
-If a pizza can be supreme, well so can I. (supremacy can be plural) (one superorganism) (or multiple me's...i.e. roles, personalities, child vs. man, etc)(btw, I worked at Woodstock's pizza in Davis, and I know there's a Pizza Love in San Francisco, and if there's eucharistic wafers, why not eucharistic pizza?)

and infinite
-Maybe I have more than the whole world in my hands. Infinity extends in both directions. I don't see how physicists (or anybody else) could impose a limit on smallness. And, in fact, perhaps something about me extends universally outward into the infinite vast, as well, into what we would normally think about as the infinite. Or, conversely, the vast is embodied in me, somehow. Both. Neither. Who cares. Anyway..

personal
-I'm Jesse Lawrence Teshara. You can email me, etc. That's fairly personal. I love y'all.

creator and ruler
-Creator and Ruler of the Universe... I'm not sure about this one, lol. Do the c and r have to be capitalized? I'm in the universe, and I suppose the universe popped into being 13.73 (plus or minus 0.12) Billion years ago, like the scientists say, long before I was born. Maybe in the future we'll be able to affect the past or something. After all, the symbol for infinity is a sideways eight, which might indicate time is repetitive. A physicist on tv said the creation of a universe was possible. Was it something I said? How does one "rule" a universe? Everybody Be Good, okay? lol. organized chaos. I also heard information can time-travel. wudabout thAt! Maybe ruling is just another way of saying measuring.

to whom man owes obedience
-man or mankind includes women and the cruel, you know. Anyway, you owe it to yourselves to be happy in the one life you've got (and I'll consider that worship). As for obedience and that bible character Obed, the father of Jesse, to thine own self be true, because, like I said, everybody's God. Obey your conscience. Maybe I'm bestowing that on you, which might somehow give me some authority. Philosophically speaking, there is only the self, so you're the God of your own universe, I suppose.* Unless your possessed.

*I AM is all we really know. So reality is God. And that's your own personal subjective experience.

Def.2
Being with divine attributes in polytheistic religions.
-This is interesting for me, because I haven't fleshed out any limits to divinity in my system. That's probably because Everybody's Right. You're all Gods in your own ways. Everybody should worship everybody else. Everyone has the divine in them. And nothing but, perhaps. What do I consider divine? Well, actually everything seems kind of ultimately boring to me sometimes, so I made myself God of my own kingdom, lol. Keeps things interesting. God is love, of course, and I'm all about that. The more gods, the merrier. G or g, whatever. I AM doesn't care. Divine can be defined in a multitude of ways. Next post.

Def.3
An idol. Teens have their idols. There's Billy Idol. American Idol. That's cool. Whatever floats your boat. God is everywhere, right?

Maybe writer Elbert Hubbard said it best, "If men could only know each other, they would neither idolize nor hate."

No comments: