Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Activity Paradigm

Ooh, I make it sound fancy, don't I?
I am alone much of the time, so I have put some thought into how to wisely spend my time.
To be healthy, you need to keep busy, so this is what I do:

I think we all pretty much do 10 things around the house:
In 3 categories: input, output, and biological:

Input: Watch, Read, Listen
Output: Write, Talk, Create
Biological: Sleep, Eat, Exercise

The tenth thing is Work. Which, for me, is chores around the house, or gardening..
Sleep includes things like Meditate, Sit, and Nap
Eat includes Drink (I could have said Ingest). I include Cook with this, of course.

Listen
-Listen is anything Audio: Speech or Music.

-Speech could be talk radio, television in the background or over my wireless headphones, books on tape, lectures or presentations or readings of whatever length online (i.e. ted lectures, u-tube, or learning out loud), telephone recordings, and, of course, actual conversation over the phone (which I hardly ever do).

-Music could be cd's, tapes, am or fm radio, radio on tv, radio online, satellite radio.

Input categories
(by what device -of 7?- you're interacting with): computer, tv, radio, stereo, phone
Read: Book or Magazine; computer
Watch: TV, Computer
Listen: Radio, Stereo; computer, phone

(by your 5 senses):
See, hear, smell, taste, touch.
Feeling and Intuition are the 6th sense.
The internal sense of vibes or spirit or voice(s) or whatever.
So just flip through the list in your mind and decide which sense you want to engage.
-unless you want to output (write, talk, create) or bio (eat, exercise, sleep)

so, to be stupid,
So 'whirl, world trade center, see' is a way of thinking of WRL, WTC, SEE.
in the I owe bee (iob -input, output, biological).
maybe it's boy, see the wtc whirl.  (boi, see wtc wrl)
for the 9 things to do round the house.

Aside:
I'm a very visual and spatial person. I am constantly imagining myself interacting with the things around me, as I walk through the house. In this way, I see the potential for all the possible activities I can do in each room I'm in. If you're bored, then you're boring. There's always more than enough to do. Busy, busy as Bokonon says. You couldn't pay me enough to sit around and twiddle my thumbs wasting time in an office. Or play videogames. I've recently decided to do some push-ups every time I go into a new room. I don't like videogames that much. I used to have an atari as a kid, though. I liked kaboom. I wanted to learn how to program it, but my teacher told me to figure it out myself, so my computer-programming career ended there, in 7th grade, in '84.  If you're in action mode, just do whatever you see needs to be done, until everything that can be done is.  ANYway,

I've got all these buttons on my toolbar, which give me all my routine online options at a glance. Pretty cool. And I don't have to type in the webpage addresses.

For some reason, I'm not as excited about my book I'm working on. My wife's book collection and music collection is a continual possibility for exploration. People aren't reading anymore. I used to love to read. I need to get back into it, with real, actual, physical, books.

Okay, have a nice day!
-Jess

No comments: