Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Aikido Diplomacy

The founder of aikido, Morihei Ueshiba, declared:
"To control aggression without inflicting injury is the Art of Peace."

Some brainstorming on international conflict resolution:
1) Healthy leaders. I cringe at chubby or overweight or even obese leaders, with greasy complexions. They should feel good, with lots of happy endorphins in them. They should feel peaceful, and not angry or stressed, to help act accordingly.

2) Boxing and martial arts clubs everywhere, available to everyone. Frustration and aggression are a natural part of life, that should be channeled into creative, healthy, athletic endeavor. Inflicting injury, however, usually doesn't help things, so people have to know what they're getting into, and mutually agree to the risk. Clear rules for winning and losing should deter urges for violent retaliation. Peaceful philosophies in tandem with athletic self-control should create sane and happy lifestyles.

Ueshiba's goal was to create an art that practitioners could use to defend themselves while also protecting their attacker from injury.

Aikido is performed by blending with the motion of the attacker and redirecting the force of the attack rather than opposing it head-on.

No comments: