Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, June 20, 2022

Supply vs. Demand

 Does demand for adoptions meet or exceed the number of abortions?

(in the US)? and (worldwide)?

Adoption is a loving choice, and not an immoral choice

Love your baby, love yourself, and do the right thing!

   Your baby, and his or her family, will thank you


So, adoption demand, 

Some sources estimate that in the US, about 2m couples are waiting to adopt

Which is a 36:1 ratio of couples waiting to adopt for every one child placed for adoption (!)


The number of couples waiting to adopt (US)= 

     “no statistics, but est. between 1-2M couples”

           (no worldwide data)

The number of abortions/year (US)= 1.2M , 

          (worldwide)= 73M


In US, the average child waiting for adoption waits more than 3 years 

So, dozens of couples competing for each child


The demand for adoptions meets or exceeds the number of abortions, is my point.


worldwide, there are 73M abortions/year) 

    (says Guttmacher, averaging the years 2015 to 2019)

    or, 61% of unintended pregnancies 


The argument (for legal abortion) from bodily autonomy is compelling.  Like, it doesn't become an individual until the umbilical cord is cut, and it becomes separate from the mother.   I will grant that a baby is part of the mother's body if you grant me the fact that life begins at conception.  So where does that leave us?  My thought is if a fly lays eggs under your skin, you should kill that shit.  But if your man knocks you up, there's a human in there, not fly larva.  Do you really want the law to equate your baby with larva?  Are adults like me just clumps of cells you have a right to terminate, too?  The whole thing is madness.  I'm adopted, and that's just where I stand.  Sorry.  Why don't you want your baby to live, anyway?  Isn't it worth the pain?


Another argument, absolutely compelling, is that "rapists can now choose the mother of their babies."  My feeling is that rapists should be locked up for life, then.  But I still think the baby should be born, not killed.  The rapist should be punished, not the baby. ("For couples trying to conceive, the odds of a woman getting pregnant in any particular month are 15% to 25%.) Also, (the national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12-45); among adult women, an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year.)


I've been told, the Supreme Court "doesn't care" and wants to kill women, such as if a woman has an ectopic pregnancy, then she's fuct.  I don't believe this, and I don't think lawmakers are that obtuse, I hope, but it's a good point, if there's any truth in it.  


I am pro-choice, if the mother's life is in danger, but not rape or incest...  Personally, that's my only exception.   And I'm entirely for birth control.  But abortion is birth-control in the same way war is a solution to overpopulation.  It's evil.  Abortion shouldn't be considered a form of birth control, imo.

No comments: