Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Covid-19

aka Wuhan coronavirus

What happened with the covids 1-18!? lol
I saw a woman wearing 2 masks (at the same time), on the corner.
Pretty sure she was being paranoid.  She told me to '"save myself", lol
But nobody on the crowded BART train was wearing anything (or coughing).

So
this is what I read, that we need to know-

Like I told the woman at the store, the masks are only for if you're already sick!
The rest is hype, paranoia, and not recommended-
   because the normal masks keep the droplets from coming out, not going in (!)
You should get your health information from the CDC or WHO
(not the internet or whatever) (that's center for disease control, or world health organization)

I told my mom the N95 mask people are probably making a killing
(so to speak!!), right about now.
that's the one kind of mask that keeps 95% of pathogens out
but you need to be trained / they need to be fitted, I'm told
(maybe I would have to cut my beard?)
Maybe Kaiser can provide me one, if needed.

Anyway,
there are 9 recommendations:

use soap and water for 20s after using the bathroom
                                            before eating
                                            after blowing your nose or sneezing

avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth

frequently clean objects and surfaces that are touched often (like doorknobs)

Good luck!  May the force be with you!  Don't panic.  Be kind.

The flu is actually more of a threat, but it's not getting much coverage.
And the covid (out of 72,000 cases, so far) has only killed 2.3%
(CFR, case fatality rate, less than 3 percent,
    mostly elderly, or with compromised immune systems)

The Economist says that, left to itself, the pandemic doubles every 5-6 days:
which makes me think of  The Wheat and Chessboard Problem
(wikipedia link)

Tom Hanks and his wife, Rita, both have it

respirator vs. ventilator
3G: gowns, goggles, gloves

No comments: