Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

In Defense of Corruption

(tongue-in-cheek)

I want to hear the truth.  (The whole truth would be infinitely large and long, however).
so, help me, God.

We deserve evidence, documents, witnesses.
Not a coverup.

But I feel like this is the argument:
If a president, as commander-in-chief, can be a shot-caller (nations are just big gangs) that is responsible for military action (murder, really, is what we're talking about) anywhere on earth, then certainly he/she can use his/her power of office to pressure a foreign leader to announce an investigation into one of his rivals!?  Or run a con that SEEMS to be withholding money, in furtherance of producing some political shade on an adversary.   Doesn't the CIA do clandestine, illegal activity all the time, like everybody else?   Politics, like spycraft -and WAR- is a dirty business.  Playing chess requires sacrifices.  Does not our national security rely on black ops?  If we are being honest with ourselves, can't the president do (almost) whatever he damn well pleases? (even "inexcusable" behavior).

I feel this is what we're dealing with.

But if the senate can't be fair and impartial, as required, truthfully, we're looking at a mistrial.  And forcing the impeachment trial into the middle of the night, is also a sign of bad faith.  The least congress can do, I feel, is allow some possibly surprising testimony.  Just because it makes for a good show, if not actually getting to the bottom of this whole political mess/debacle, right?

No comments: