Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, December 16, 2019

Mr. T

aka Larry, my dad

I'm sorry to report, y'all, he's got cancer ("stage 3, B-track, lymphoma), located near his hip, on the right side, near his back.  He starts chemo tomorrow.  It's beatable, possibly, we're told.  B track is better than D track.  He'll probably lose his hair (but not everyone on chemo does).  Hopefully the chemo will kill it.  He's at home, and they hired a live-in helper, a guy, named Mel.  Larry is camped out in Greg's old bedroom, with a special bed, a wheelchair, a seat toilet, and cable tv/radio/cell phone.  He has a tablet computer, too, but doesn't know the password.  I offered him my kindle, with the NY Times on it.  Anyway, there might be 5 stages of chemo, and we're hopeful he could be better in 4 months.  I counted 14 or so different medications on the kitchen counter, counting both the chemo ones he hasn't started yet, and also the as-needed pills.  I'm told the chemo session tomorrow will be 5-6 hours.  Greg is reminding everybody to wash their hands (especially me, coming off Bart). I recognized the prednisone from veterinary use with dogs.  I think the meds include an opioid, so I hope he doesn't get addicted.  His pain level was a 10 though (sometimes), he said.  We watched Jeopardy together (mom, dad, and I), tonight.  I didn't know many answers, but I'm still treated like I'm a genius.  I had dinner there, and maybe again tomorrow.  I brought them 2 oatmeal cookies, from Adeline bakeshop here in Berkeley, which they both appreciate.  They're $2 each.

Anyway,
I brought the first gifts for under the tree (4 packages, for Ben, Declan, and Esme).  I have a bit more shopping to do, for Summer and all the adults, (mom, dad, Vicki, Rose, Greg, Liz, Erin, Dan).  The (real!) tree has a train around the base, and has lights and ornaments.   My kite is there, too, since Ben's birthday (in May), waiting for the confluence of local SF wind (aptos), my presence, and Ben's.  I got two packages, recently.  A new Wag! walker t-shirt, and a Buddhism book, from Pat, Sara's mom.  I went to the gym yesterday.  Ridiculousness (on mtv) and radio (on my beats headphones, from my phone, connected to the gym wifi) make doing cardio fun.

(plus!) some spells:
orthography and Tori and Pell grants
serene Serena, irenic Irene, happy hippies
gin, god in.  gout, god out.  sin, satan in.  (justice Souter?)
monkey in a turban, oh what does it mean -ppg
   (powerpuff girls)

I looked up if anybody has had their remains shot into space (Heavens!)-
  I think there's only ever been one (into interstellar space, anyway)
  ("space burial") The One human being in heaven (!)

No comments: