Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Butt Weight, there's more

Politics, my current state of play

1.God is love, love believes all things.
(so feel free to ignore me)
2.Romans 13 (and 1 Peter 2) says "everyone must submit to governing authorities, all authority comes from God, those in positions of authority have been placed there by God." -beliefnet

however, I want to say-

Trump is an idiot, a liar, a rapist, and a scumbag.   That is all.
     He is a criminal, and deserves to be in prison.
I do not think the charges against him are "trumped up," as it were.

Bernie is a kindly grandpa (7), with righteous anger.  I like him the most, I think.  I don't want a "revolution,"  but I do want his brand of change.

Tom Steyer graduated summa cum laude from Yale with degrees in economics and politics, and is a progressive billionaire.  He is associated with Hellman and Friedman, lol.  He signed on to the Giving Pledge.  He's worth $1.6B.

Bloomberg has/"is worth" $58B (14th in the world). Wikipedia says he studied electrical engineering at Johns Hopkins.  He wrote an autobiography... He's rabidly pro-choice :-(
He's been a Republican, but mostly Democrat.  He liked smoking pot, but thinks it should remain criminalized.  Go figure.  I cannot in good faith endorse someone who endorses the right of mothers to murder their fetuses.  But I like that he's a "relatively secular" jew, is data-driven, and increased the salaries of teachers (which improved test scores).  

Buttigieg studied History and Literature at Harvard (magna cum laude).  Then, (first class honors) in politics, economics, and philosophy.  Good shit.  Do we want to replace a Rump with a Butt?  Weirdness.   T-rump, rap name.   I think it's pronounced 'boot ij-ij'.   It means chicken-owner (poulterer), in maltesian.  Anyway, he was a soldier, he plays guitar and piano, speaks a bunch of languages, was a hs valedictorian and Oxford Rhodes scholar, and is a gay christian.  He chooses to opine on abortion as a decision "above his pay grade,"  which I feel is disingenuous, and which I don't respect (along with military service, to be honest).  Well, whatever.  Maybe (small, or "enemy combatant") life isn't worth all that much.

EW (Eliz War), likes the war in warren, I guess, to show she's a fighter.   Or maybe she doesn't want to identify as a Mann, lol.  Anyway,  she's a Harvard law professor.  She's authored 5 and co-written 6 more, books.  She was a champion hs debater, and studied speech pathology and audiology at UH, before being a public-school teacher (of children with disabilities) .  Has 2 kids, is a grandma (of 3).  She's smart, too.  But she keeps saying "big, structural change", like a mantra, as if voters have any idea how society should be structured, lol.  I just read only  26% of Americans can name the 3 branches of government (and 33% can't name any).  Ugh.  Not that professor-politicians should talk down to a retarded electorate, but I'm just saying.  If she wins, I get an extra $200/month.  I perceive Wall Street as selfish, out of control, and dangerous - and I trust her to keep banks and financial institutions in line and safe.  So I've given her money.  I like that she has so many plans, and is attentive to detail.  She's been Republican in the past, too.

Yang's UBI ("freedom dividend") should get serious attention, I think (universal basic income).  Democracy dollars are cool, too.  He might be more revolutionary than Bernie, actually.
  
After Bernie, my next favorite is Klobuchar, (ranking personalities, lol) -I think.  She has a sense of humor.  I don't know what her policies might be, except that she's "moderate."  Better than Trump, whatever it is.  Okay, wikipedia: Another Yalie.  Studied political science (magna cum laude).  Also a lawyer, also a prosecutor (like Kamala), Minnesota "lawyer of the year," works across the aisle, but... with a reputation for emotional abuse and rage with her staff... Funny, angry (schizo, like me).  Nobody's perfect.

I'm voting Warren.

No comments: