Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Portland

vs. stay in Berkeley

I'm contemplating a move; not an easy decision.

Portland:

So, I have many possible futures. I am faced with a choice between two places to live: Berkeley or Portland, OR. I imagine there is a seemingly infinite number of other places I could go, as well. In any case, I'm content where I am, and feel no need or compunction to change anything (yet). But it could be fun; it might even be better! There are SO many factors to consider, in what could be a simple flip of the coin!! But, to do this intelligently, I'll make a list, and check it twice, and use my brain instead of trusting my future to God or Chance.

Weather, family, libraries, rent/wifi/utilities, gym, kp, wag!, food, gtu, kalx, social/dating, SPA, sanity

that's about it, in a nutshell.
Novelty, variety, challenge, change, mixing it up, curiosity, and budget/comfort are important.
Love? Should I pray on it? Ask God and my guardian angel and the powers that be for guidance?
Maybe I should trust that I'll be totally fine, anywhere?

What am I trying to leave behind? Insanity;
annoying, stupid, mean, ugly, rude, ignorant, unhealthy, fat, criminal, deluded, incompetent people
What am I looking for, in a new situation?
Sanity, love, friends, kindness, joy, health, laughter, security, safety, and fun!

I want to learn, master, teach MASD (martial arts, self defense)
I want to read a book/day
I want to lose my gut, gain muscle and flexibility
I want sanity and wealth and comfort and new friends and bliss

I can do all this now, anywhere

wants
I want unlimited data
I want sex
I want longevity and book list completion
I want to travel
I want to be published
I want peace
I want to be free from want, enlightened, with equanimity-
without ignorance/delusion/greed/suffering/attachments/craving/aversion
I want to set an example
I want to make the world a better place
I want to live, that is to say, live!
I want to be creative

live until you die is the only way to stay sane
doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity

stay? (leave: it's all good?) taco, rover, junie, kaleb, poutine. Mountain mike's.
I don't want to leave Marlen, Julie and Sam (n Miette), Teresa, or $740.00 rent, in Bkly!
Wag, free food, gtu, kalx, campus library, local public libraries, gym, kp, ike's, family

____
also,
I made this list of Berkeley attributes/virtues, to compare/contrast Potland to-

-libraries (Cal, GTU, bpl, link+)
  albany, oakland, sfpl.  (Bkly has 4 branches, 1 central, and 1 tool library) 
  I could use the Cal library as a non-student if I have a research project...
-friends (roommates, dog owners), and family
-weather
-bkly free clinic (dental), MHA (mental health advocates, nearby)
-religious variety (shambala, cs, unitarian, holy hill, glide) 

Portland has Kaiser, and Wag!, and libraries, and restaurants, and religious variety, and parks (520 I'm told!), and wetter weather (not a problem for me), and museums, and gyms.. (and Reed)
In fact, I'm told it has "everything but family for $400/mo rent" -Sara
    i've never been there (yet)
if i don't go, Sara and Pierre will rent out the "in-law" unit, air bnb

I have to look into seeing if Oregon offers similar health insurance. 

My current wifi/utilities/rent package of $740-/mo is pretty good. 
   Hard to walk away from, actually.  Plus the weather.
SF has 52 museums, GG park, glen park;
bkly has tilden, ymca (with pool), GTU (a pleasant, relaxing place)
(bro)Greg and Liz, nephews ben and declan/mom n dad/cousins/aunt and uncle
msj (mission san jose, where i volunteer)

Sara, Pierre, and Augustus just returned from Portland.  They looked at a few properties, didn't make any offers, waiting for "the perfect house."  So it could be awhile.

No comments: