Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Genie genius


Genius and Stupid Ignorant Fools

A genius can play a fool, but a fool can't a genius. I know, because I'm average, and sometimes a genius and other times a fool. A genie could make me a genius, and 2 other wishes, presumably, according to common knowledge, as we all know about genies somehow, of course. It's The Secret for kiddies. The universe rearranges to give you what you ask for, want, need, and imagine. Well, I ask for omniscience, endless wishes, and unending love-bliss. That should keep me happy.

What wishes do I anticipate asking (prior of course to the omniscience)? No nukes. Unless they're needed to repel an alien invasion, or omniscience informs me they'll never be used, because they really are an effective deterrent, in a MAD (mutually assured destruction) defense strategy. Time travel and eternal youth and immortality, so I won't have to spend eternity floating in space after the sun blows up, or getting more and more decrepit, so that I'm blind as a bat and have no teeth for the rest of eternity. Teleportation (another name for time travel) maybe could take me to distant planets, too, which might be fun. Especially if they're inhabited by fun aliens. And finally, morphing ability! I could experience what it's like to be any animal, vegetable, or mineral. I could be an amoeba or a brontosaurus, a fly or a blue whale, a killer bee or a parrot, a T Rex or a mosquito, a chihuahua or a great dane, anything, anything at all. I could live inside a construct in which everyone is what they want to be. Or just me. I could try different kinds of utopias, paradises, heavenly kingdoms, dreams, worlds, planets, universes.

That shit might get old. I could live countless lives as a mortal. I could raise families, work the whole gamut of gainful employment, struggle from day to day like everyone else. Nothing would be off limits. I could be a supervillain, or a kind and loving and compassionate and forgiving deity. I could be one one day, and the opposite another. I could play different roles, act, be different things, for ever and ever. I could sample having different bodies, different dna, different levels of athletic or combat ability. I could win every olympic event. I could be a devil. I could write the songs that make the whole world sing. I could read every book ever written. I could have an unlimited photographic memory. I could freeze time, and enter and exit the flow of time at will. I could use 100% of my brain, or live life to the fullest. I could be creative, and scientific, and imaginative. I could be vastly wealthy and on an intelligent regimen of drugs for the rest of my life, for the synthetic kind of bliss. Or I could follow the wisdom of all the world's religions, and find happiness in universal love, meditation, sex, endorphins, good nutrition, and things like music and movies. What's better? Being Bill Gates or having a lifetime supply of heroin? Waterskiing or lsd? Rock climbing or meth? Going to a standup comedy club or reading a kid's book. Do it all, I guess. Life is short. Or is life long. I don't actually know. Live every day as if it were your last, I've heard. But that might be a little crazy, if not criminal. So maybe just try and complete your bucket list in the 100 or so years you might have.

It might be fun to do nothing for a hundred years. Just veg and be a couch potato, watching tv, eating pizza, and sleeping a lot. To each his own. The perfect soldier, if you want to go all Hollywood.

I don't want to be aggravated and angry and irate and irritated and mad crazy insane hater, which is just the default mode of being possessed by the devil all the time, or just having him in your head, pushing your buttons. Calm tranquil bliss of enlightened equanimity and kind loving compassion of a happy buddha is a world of difference, where friendship and amity and comity and camaraderie and joy supplant the dukkha of pain agony suffering torment misery anguish despair, for a jolly old soul who's been through all that and learned the error of hatred rage wrath fury, and approaches oblivion with empathy and firm awareness of impermanence instead of ignorance and delusion and clinging. Got all that? A healthy aversion to danger and death is only natural, but no one lives forever. So don't worry, be happy. Be good, better, best. Loving, loved, in love. Happy, cheerful, positive, fun, funny, alive!

OR
Do what thou wilt?  Just be yourself.  Just be.  Or kill yourself.  It's up to you.  Why should I care?  It's your life.  (I actually think that would be tragic).  Do everything once?  Make as many mistakes as you can? lol.  That WOULD be a kind of approach to wisdom!  You only live once.  Do what you want.  Or not.  Do what I want!  Make a difference.  Mad.  Subtract.  mom and dad.  Be good!  Don't be bad.  Or, be bad!  Be deliciously evil!  Blow up the outside world.  Kill em all, let god sort em out.  Be all that you can be.  Don't be good.  How banal and trite and common.  Break all the rules.  Be a monster.  Be interesting.  Don't be boring.  And so on, and so forth, you get the idea.  There's a marketplace for ideas, shop and choose betweeen polarities and opposites, as you wish and will.  For the sake of argument, don't be blindly obedient, but weigh your options, and preserve your God-given FREEDOM to live as you wish, in the pursuit of happiness, even if happiness is a warm gun (so sang the beatles), and your freedom leads to incarceration, ignominy, and even capital punishment.  Or do nothing, nothing at all.  You might have noticed that committing crime doesn't automatically make you insane.  Criminal behavior is usually sane!  The law recognizes that life is hell.  Unless it's heaven.  Figure it out, make it so!

No comments: