Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Decision Matrix

 Pros and Cons of Each, pluses and minuses, (a kind of cost:benefit analysis?)

I may want to wait until after there’s a vaccine

I’m in no hurry.  And property values may go down.

It’s not where you are, it’s what you do (could be true)

   Access to a gym and pool?

Gloomy weather is much nicer with a fireplace, hot cocoa/apple cider/tea, and friend(s)

Staying at a posh AirBnB, like a hotel, would of course be a pleasant experience, I think

I’m already pretty familiar with Portland (been there 3x)

Last time I read a lot (good reads!), got a library card, borrowed Pierre's bike, went to Reed, Powell's books, some recommended restaurants, and walked Banh Mi and Poutine.  I also went to a street faire with S+P+A, as well as a trip to the Portland zoo.


Pro Berkeley

Rent control, excellent rent ($750), weather, family, libraries (SF, Berkeley, Oakland, Alameda; Cal, GTU), close Kaiser, free dental (when free clinic is open), Wag!, my non-wag dogs (Junie, Kaleb, Snoopy + Shelby), dog sits (Duke, Rover, Junie), MSJ (mission san jose) volunteering, $5/mo wifi, utilities included, free yoga studio (yoga to the people), Indian rock, Tilden park, restaurants I enjoy, free food, a few friends.  (listed on Thanksgiving, with gratitude)


Con, Berkeley

Into a repetitive routine, homeless people, stress on bart, maybe earthquake


Pro Portland

SPAH, culture (“books, bikes, beer”), reed college / library, Nature, something new, a new life


Con, Portland

Less educated, 625 miles from family, unknown demand for dog walking, kp distance?


lol

Maybe I just need a break, variety, a change, a vacation, a girlfriend, mix things up a bit -


There's a license plate frame that says "nobody beats berkeley."   It IS pretty freaking nice.  But so is Portland!  I've always liked rain.  I've even taken exception to people, like weathermen, calling it "bad weather."  And the Nature in Portland is lush.  I have a dream I would lead nature hikes, with a familiarity with the fauna/flora, if not a mastery of botany and zoology.  History and emails and news, i.e reading, take up most of my time now, though.


I could do the same thing I do in Berkeley in Portland

Or I could do what I imagine doing in Portland in Berkeley!

There IS a difference between, say, NYC, and Montana, lol.

I'd like to think I'd be happy almost anywhere, honestly.

   

(ugh, I had a dream where I was trapped in a dryer - woke up, trying to get out)... so, hell could be anywhere, too (!)

No comments: