Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, March 25, 2019

Pondering Light

Photons

I read that electrons are “bumps in spacetime”
What is spacetime?  There is infinity on a head of a pin!
Infinity goes inward as well as outward.  There are infinite infinities.
(everyone is everyone, another deep thought)

Anyway,
I was thinking about photons as particles, and wondering how one photon, which is visible to the human eye, can be seen from any angle.   The source would have to shoot out photons in every direction, in order to be seen.   But-
If photons are both waves and a particle, then each quanta of light/electromagnetic energy must be an expanding orb, like a growing bubble, that “pops”… when it has found the shortest path.   

V. Rao Potluri, Reed magazine:
“When light travels through two different media, the velocity changes,” Potluri explains. “It bends and chooses a different path, and that angle of refraction is governed by the fastest way for the light to travel. So, light is smart; it always chooses the fastest way to reach from here to there. When you think about things like that you might think, ‘God is a mathematician.’” 

 The bubble would disappear the entire circumference, leaving the “particle” at the popping point.   Does this explain entanglement?  The bubble pops over vast distances, instantaneously, even if the bubbles are large!  (radius in all directions from the source)


I don’t really know much physics, but this idea “popped” into my head, today.

No comments: