Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Amtrak to Portland

 3/12-30, Staying in Portland, Oregon

Sitting for my friends’ house and 2 dogs, Poutine and Banh Mi

I think this is my 4th time in Portland

I met Hugo, and saw S+P’s new house, and gave everybody gifts

Augie’ birthday is in a couple weeks


I’ve been reading DFW, and Augie’s books, and the IED, and

Writing for my blog, and

Walking the dogs 3x a day, and

Eating, mostly TJ’s, but yesterday Bulgogi (korean barbeque) from a nearby truck, and


Today I visited Pierre’s dad Peter at his apartment by the river, where we walked, and I saw a snake (garter, I think).   I bought a U-lock for Pierre’s bike.   I showed Peter my magic apple watch (Siri).  We took a few laps (5?) around the walkway by the river, and chatted.  He recommended the French movie La Beaute du diable.   One of his favorite books is Plato and a Platypus walk into a bar... (the plight of a platypus is perhaps to be served on Plato's plate?).  He eats a lot of bananas.  He thinks his recent heart surgery was unnecessary, and probably a scam, by greedy doctors.


SPAH are in Mexico, splitting their time between Mexico City and Mazatlan.  Pics are on Instagram.   I’m told everybody got sick.  But they look like they’re having fun.  Sara is recovering from falling down some stairs, recently.  


So I arrived like 3 days before they left, and I’m leaving 3 days after they get back.  They have a lot of books I could read.  I read Dark Matter by Blake Crouch, last time.  I’m listening to music on their Echo at the moment, though.  IED is NOT 'improvised explosive device'.  I'm aware.


Code:  Sara and Pierre, David Foster Wallace, Illustrated Encyclopedic Dictionary, Trader Joe’s, Augustus Hugo.


The weather is nice.   I don’t mind the rain.   Sunny, today.   Maybe I’ll ride out to Reed again.


The Amtrak ride was beautiful, scenic, amazing.   Coast Starlight.  I had no idea.   Conversation was interesting (mostly).   And Pierre was right there, waiting, across the street, in his Leaf.  It's been a long time.   A much appreciated change of pace.   Kind of a vacation, really.  I have fun playing with Augs.  And Hugo likes me.  We had thai food from a restaurant before they left.  And the dogs are friendly and fun.   I gave Sara a foot insert, Pierre a hiking book and edible coin (bitcoin, get it), Augie - 4 nerf guns and a bag of nerf darts, and Hugo a ball.   Also, Wonder by Palacio has a character named Auggie.  Which I bought/brought.  I remember getting a book with a hero named Jesse when I was a kid.  The David Foster Wallace book (I finished) is The Broom of the System.  This (blog) got 87 page views on Sunday, but only 8 on Tuesday.  Go figure.  I put out the bins, and bring in the mail.  I play wprb a lot (as usual).  I've been oversleeping, but not today.  My aunt Rose Marie sent me a St. Patrick's letter to this address.  Pierre and I built a bunkbed before he left.   I like this place.   Lots of moss.


I met Megan, who sits Hugo (and another baby, Olivia), here.  I remember her name from "me, again."  I ran into their friend Chris, twice, (walking his dog Bagel), who I met last time, while walking the dogs.   And Sara is off to the dentist.  Pierre is applying for jobs.  Rose Marie sent me a weird picture of the sun and moon looking like 2 suns, "moon hunter" or something, supposedly something to do with the earth's axis, which I shared.  Poutine is still a really noisy breather.  Hugo has the hang of playing ball with me, rolling it back and forth.  They had some adventures in Mexico: a female soldier, who was apparently confused, with giving incorrect directions, luggage down stairs that was too heavy for Augie (!), and a snafu with the seating on one of the flights, having the same seats printed as another ticket (!), which was ignored by the flight staff, on a full flight.  Sara and Pierre both got Montezuma's revenge.  I bought pepto bismol for them, (and desitin).  They ate an expensive, delicious dinner, cheaply.  Augie liked relaxing in the sun on the beach the best, which reminded me of the "go slow" motto in Belize.  Pierre said Mexico City is what L.A. is trying to be.  Augie and Pierre play video games downstairs, and I showed Aug how to use his yo-yo (it doesn't spin at the bottom, though, so it won't "walk"). There's a blue jay that I think eats their dog food.  Augs saw a lizard in Mexico.  I heard a woodpecker, saw a rooster.  Megan says people "go crazy" at Reed, and that they have "really good parties."   She's studying philosophy.   I gave her some of my cards.  Hugo is good-natured, and doesn't seem to cry that much.  Banh likes to chase the squirrels.  Plenty of other dogs, cats, joggers, bicyclists.  I had pepperoni pizza and a coke at Baerlic's, and a "little big burger" again.  Augie asked, "why are you always funny?," : possibly the best thing anyone's ever said to me,  :-)

No comments: