Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Superiority and Egalitarianism

Better but Equal

When I say I'm God, i'm thinking I'm right, if not enlightened, and that I think of myself as both a religious and military "superior" (link), whose ideas should be either accepted or challenged, so that my blog becomes a source of Truth and Wisdom- and your enlightenment, too.  I admit I am attached to my ideas, and think of them as better than the philosophies of everybody else (!).  You have the right to your own ideas, of course, and -if different- can consider this outlook as un-virtuous or proud.

You might have noticed, however, that I think you are "God, too" and equal to me and everyone, (like everybody else).  I am an egalitarian, despite seeing the differences in authority (president), power (david eldridge-the voice in my head), wealth (such as Bill Gates), or martial-arts mastery (e.g. the shao lin monks), etc. (e.g. intelligence, beauty, happiness, rock-climbing ability...)

So I subscribe to both Egalitarianism, and Superiority.  It's a weird mix.

I admit I may be wrong, and keep an open mind to believing Anything Else, in the future.   One of my beliefs is that is doesn't matter what you believe!  (God, if good, would make Heaven a pleasant surprise for good people who didn't believe in an afterlife, for example, and not demand belief as a prerequisite for reward).

The bible says Only God is good. God is love. Love believes all things.
Buddhism says we're all good.  basic goodness.
So we're all God (syncretic belief).
   We all believe all things?  Maybe everything is true, at some level, or at one time or another.
I still think there are Objective truths, and Virtual truths (that seem true, and are operative, even if false, like Santa).   Nobody believes everything!  But maybe anybody can be made to believe anything.

So that's my thinking on this.
I also vacillate between dichotomy of and fluidity between good and evil.
I.e. the stereotypical "good" might be evil, or "evil") (e.g. killing) might be justified, at times.
I suppose this is true for most people.

No comments: