Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Defining God

So atheists and theists can talk sensibly about Reality

We need to get our terms agreed upon, first

as Noam Chomsky said, "When asked if he is an atheist, Chomsky replied "What is it that I'm supposed to not believe in? Until you can answer that question I can't tell you whether I'm an atheist."

Here are some ideas, off the top of my head:
1)love, the creator- (wouldn't that just be your parents?)

2)goodness- (almost completely subjective, i.e. up to each individual to judge for him/herself)
as 50 cent said in an interview I watched this week, "If it makes you happy then it's right."

3)"omnipotent", i.e. the most powerful being in the universe.  that could be the most powerful human, or maybe an alien, far away.  the power to kill you, it seems to me, holds the greatest sway...so god could be a physicist with his finger on a button, an alien who could destroy the universe, or just a thug who holds your life in his hands.  I don't really want to think of God as an extortionist, though.  (I don't like thinking of Republicans as extortionists, either...but maybe they are, which is criminal, right??)

4)"omniscient"  I don't think it's possible to know everything.  If God is omniscient, I'm an atheist, lol.  Of course, "knowing" in the biblical sense, is having sex with.  And this could shift meaning to "being fuct", in reference to the previous definition, number 3, in which god kills everyone.

5)"omnipresent".  Is God "Reality" ??  Life, the universe, and everything, in other words.  Time, Space, Energy, Matter...  "I am" as the name makes God equivalent to The Universe, both Life and Death.  Death, or oblivion, is eternal.  Much longer than our puny, paltry lives.  But Consciousness, maybe a Shared consciousness, can also be understood as the deity, in reference to Godco., the community of believers creating the virtual reality, in the matrix/psychesphere/collective unconscious that includes constant prayer, both mental and verbal, spoken and unspoken.

6)words, language.  "and the word was made God" (am I remembering the bible correctly?).  So the word God is in fact the reality of God, in itself.  (kind of trippy, or the equivalent of a unicorn or a comic book character or a character in fiction).

what did I omit?  what is God to you?

No comments: