Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Politics

why I'm disappointed with Barack

He sent me an email titled 'what would you ask Barack?', but there was no method for sending your questions...it was rhetorical. ugh. So I'm going to use my blog as my question forum. That was disappointment #1. Also, he had an online apparatus to submit recommendations during the 2008 election, but it was discontinued. That pissed me off, although I know anyone can just send him an email...anyway:

-Have you used your status to find out if space aliens exist? Do they? Have you seen one (or a cadaver of one)? That would be one of the first things I would do!

-Why do we have (any) nuclear weapons? Is it for a potential retaliation? Or is it for threats from space (e.g. asteroids/comets, or space alien invasion?) Isn't it hypocritical to have them, and then attack other countries for developing them?

-what are we doing to help the less developed countries meet the Millenium Development Goals?

-Can you dunk (a basketball)? I looked on youtube, but didn't find any video.

-Did you quit smoking? I think you should have publicized it, and made it a public process (i.e. quit with me!)

-Another disappointment is that he is not pro-life. He should at least go public to support a preference for adoption, in my opinion. Why not?

- In a related vein, the U.S. should join the ranks of other progressive nations who have abolished the death penalty. We all have the right to live, in liberty, and pursue happiness. No? Which brings me to my third point regarding life and quality of life:

-prisoners should have access to libraries, or maybe kindle-type readers with a pre-approved corpus of literature available to them. Prisoners should not be slaves, as the constitution says, but rather the constitution should be changed. You're the constitutional law expert; git 'r done! Just do it! Yes we can! (or are we saying prisoners just can't?)

aside
wikipedia says about Obama on religion, "Obama stated: "I am a Christian, and I am a devout Christian. I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that that faith gives me a path to be cleansed of sin and have eternal life."

I want to say that I'm fairly certain that Jesus is dead, and sin is virtual (aside from deviating from one's own morality), and eternal life is just a pipe dream, and I suspect (and actually hope) that this is merely rhetoric and not a truly held conviction of the "leader of the free world."

But that's just me.

I feel for Barack (and Mitt). Poor deluded souls.
Show some spine, profess your belief is jessology!
in which case, you should say "poor deluded minds"
(I don't believe in souls)

No comments: