Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, November 21, 2011

schizophrenia

means "split" "mind"

like when you're reading more than one book at a time? no, not really

when you have your "own" thoughts as well as the "other's" ?
(a voice). Yes, lol.
"there's someone in my head, but it's not me" -Pink Floyd
maybe it 's telepathy...

Anyway,
I'm reading 4 novels that have crazy characters:
1)Raveling, by Peter Moore Smith (a mystery)
2)The Moment She was Gone, by Evan Hunter
3)The Minotaur, by Barbara Vine
4)Sullivan's Law, by Nancy Taylor Rosenberg

Here's some interesting facts about schizophrenia:
after 10 years (from a diagnosis of schizophrenia)
-25% recover completely
-25% are much improved, and relatively independent
-25% improved, but require an extensive support network
-15% hospitalized, unimproved
-10% dead (mostly suicide)

after 30 years:
-25% completely recover
-35% much improved, relatively independent
-15% improved, requiring an extensive support network
-10% hospitalized, unimproved
and
-15% dead (mostly suicide)

from schizophrenia.com
I believe they also said that 40% of (diagnosed) women attempt suicide at least once
and that, of men, 60% do. Not cool. Not cool at all.

I just realized that schizophrenics make up 1% of the population. Hope that doesn't exclude us with the Occupy Movement. I take about 68 bucks worth of medication, daily.*

*this has since changed (thank goodness). olanzapine (zyprexa zydis) is about $390/mo, which works out to about 13 bucks a day.

No comments: