Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, July 24, 2020

Daily Project

x things

Everything is one of 11:
eat, exercise, sleep; read, watch, listen; write, talk, create; work, play

READ (13)
History (4), Email (1), News (7), Book/day (1)

History (4):
The Grim Reaper's Book of Days, by Ed Morrow
Today in history (a dk history channel book)
Wikipedia (each date has a page with events, holidays)
Brittannica (I have a dvd with another daily events page)

Email:
jessteshara@yahoo.com (mainly)
but also: jesterific8@gmail.com, and JesseGod@live.com

News (7):
1.Economist
2.New York Times
(I also look at 3.wikipedia, 4.yahoo, 5.the onion, 6.twitter)
7.Wapo daily 202 (email, "news for leaders")
     I want to read Foreign Affairs (every 2 months, I think),
      and the csmonitor (Christian Science monitor), eventually
      I heard Mad magazine went out of business, ceased publication :-(

Book/day (1)
maybe I should make this a certain number of pages, or amount of time
(children's books make this goal more easily achieved)
books on deck include:
   The History of Philosophy, by AC Grayling,
   Unarmed Combat, by Martin J. Doughterty
   Freud and Beyond, by Mitchell and Black
   reference books like Chambers dictionary, Oxford atlas
and book lists from Bill Gates, award winners, Harold Bloom, etc.  I also occasionally read (online): trivia (J! archive, etc.), wikipedia, arts and letters daily, and, of course, google research.

LISTEN
I like to listen music daily.  I have an Amazon Echo, with a music subscription.  There's a 'song of the day', and daily 'flash briefing' (yet another news source).  I want to get a membership to Joe Frank's oevre (he has a website).  I enjoy occasional standup comedy and judge john hodgman's podcast.  I frequent college radio, often:  wprb, the most.  but also, whrb, kzsu, kcpr, wmbr, kalx, kdvs and gdradio.net, klove, and kalw (hos, hearts of space).  listen, listed ten!

WATCH
Youtube and Instagram and Pinterest and Ted talks

All of the above, plus
walking dogs, eating, exercising, sleep, chilling, writing (blog, texts, emails) - pretty much fills all day, every day.   My life, in a nutshell!  My life is an open book!

No comments: